ENV 100 Week 2 Population Management
Resources: Gamescape Episode 2 and Ch. 4 and 7 of Visualizing Environmental Science
Complete Episode 2: “Managing Population Growth” of Gamescape.
As president of the City Council, you have been invited by the Mayor to give a PowerPoint® presentation to Sparksville High School.
Develop a 15 to 25-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes that explains the prairie dog land management issue. Ensure that each of the following required elements are explicityl addressed:
- Discuss the challenges of urbanization and environmental benefits of urbanization. Explain how the prairie dog land management issues are related to the challenges of urbanization.
- Explain the factors that influence population growth using prairie dogs as an example to illustrate your points.
- Describe the different policies that the city explored to manage prairie dog population growth, and discuss how these policies are rooted in environmental science.
- Discuss the final management decision, and explain how it balanced urban development with environmental sustainability. Include major challenges you faced in addressing this issue and reaching an optimal solution. Among the challenges, discuss how environmental hazards affect human population and if this impacted the decision with urban development.
- Include graphics, pictures, etc. to aid in conveying your information.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.